Welcome to the newsletter!
Hello! I'm Jenny Brady, Project Lead for Inclusive Learning and Teaching, and I'm based in LITE (the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence).
I've created this regular newsletter for School Academic Leads for Inclusive Practice (SALIPs) and other colleagues across the institution who are committed to embedding inclusive approaches to learning and teaching. It's a place where I will keep you up to date with any new developments and resources, share good news stories and tell you how you, your colleagues and students can get involved with helping us meet our aims.
November 2022 Newsletter
This fourth issue of the Inclusive Teaching and Learning Newsletter is packed full of great content helping you understand where we're at as an institution on our journey towards inclusivity, some key concepts for you to understand and some really handy resources, as always. Including:
- Welcome new SALIPs and refreshed inclusive teaching guides
- Baseline standards review and recommendations
- Understanding key concepts: disability, reasonable adjustments and competence standards
- Digital Accessibility- lived experience video and advice for educators
- Mature students advisory board
- Assistive technology appointments
April 2022 Newsletter
This third edition of our newsletter covers a range of topics linking inclusive teaching, belonging and wellbeing. As always, there are resources to get you thinking, videos to watch and ways to get involved. It includes:
- Reflections on belonging and inclusive teaching from the Student Education Conference
- Learning about the student experience from our specialist 1-1 tutors
- Education for Mental Health Toolkit
- How to get involved in Compassionate Curriculum conversations
- Student Voice: how we're gathering more insight from our disabled students panel
December 2021 Newsletter
The second edition of our newsletter is packed full of resources, updates and ways to get involved in making learning and teaching more inclusive for all of our students. It includes:
- Inclusive assessment: case studies from SALIPs, webinar recordings and so much more!
- Student Education Conference on Belonging and Community- January 2022
- Disability History Month 2021 events roundup
- Inclusive language guides
Browse previous editions of the newsletter below. If you're not familiar with the Inclusive Learning and Teaching Development (ILTD) project, explore our Inclusive Teaching Website to find out about our aims and ambitions, as well as loads of great resources to get you started.
October 2021 Newsletter
This first edition of our newsletter includes:
- resources on inclusive assessment
- a chance to feed back on auto-captioning
- new resource on assistive technology
- latest news on SALIPs and the Inclusive Learning and Teaching Development project
Copies of previous newsletters
As new editions of the newsletter are published, we'll keep a record of previous editions on this page.